Sunroof Problems - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Idea Sunroof Problems

The sunroof is such a crap idea- I mean who thought it would be a great idea to cut a hole in a perfectly good roof and put some glass in it. I mean it's only mildly sunny for about 2 minutes of any given good day. More to the point who ordered this roof in my car when new? Huhhh! That's so selfish especially when they most likely knew they wouldn't keep if forever and someone like me would have the missfortune of being an owner at some point, when it leaked and dribbles on me.

ITS LEAKING OBVIOUSLY WHEN IT RAINS which is the other 23 hours and 58 minutes of everyday when it's not sunny, and's not funny either? Is there something I can do short of sealing the sodding thing up with silicone forever?

Have to sort out silly things on this Alfa one-by-one I supposi
Sponsored Links
Re: Sunroof Problems

Probably got a drain hole blocked...have a poke around

AO Platinum Member
Re: Sunroof Problems

Is yours a proper sunroof (electric motor and can either pop open or slide all the way back into the roof space) or is it just a plain slab of glass that can only pop open? This type normally has no drain inside the roof.

The proper factory roof has a gutter inside the roof and can only leak on you if the drain holes are blocked, making the gutter fill up with water. The drain holes are in each front corner. You can shove some household drain cleaner in there (Sodium Hyrdroxide) but keep it off the paint...! Or poke it with a wire. The tubes are plastic, so don't go mental.

The other "aftermarket" type roof relies on the glass being pulled down onto a deformable rubber gasket. When the gasket ages, it doesn't seal against the glass, so it leaks. As there's no gutter, the water will seep in and down the back of your neck when you brake. Only chance is to put some rubber restoreative on it (silicone spray or similar) to see if a bit of dressing will perk it up a bit. If not, look for the manufacturer's stamp on the roof and see if they can provide a spare. Failing that, anyone who makes sunroofs may be able to help.

Ralf S.

No bullets for Chaingun..

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 155

problems , sunroof