Door pins - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 2 Old 17-12-04 Thread Starter
AO Platinum Member
Thumbs Up Door pins

I managed to remember/get round to buying some new door pins for my driver's door, in an attempt to get rid of the bit of sag that has crept in over the centuries. They're sort of cigar shaped and 3" (7.5cm) long or thereabouts.

They fit inside the (painted) hinge/bracket an are held in with a pin bolt but now I'm wondering how I fit them.

Before I saw them I was hoping I could undo the pin bolts one at a time and slide the new pin in there and then re-tighten the bolt but the pins look too fat to slide in (I think there's even a flange half way down).

It seems that the hinge halves have to be separated and the pins put into one half and then the other half placed over it, before the pin bolt is re-tightened.

I don't want to take the door off, as someone (?) has to hold it when we put it back on. Does anyone know if this job can be done by unbolting the hinge bracket from the door, lifted off the pin (replace pin) before reassembling? In theory ... I'm hoping but would like to check.

Ralf S.

No bullets for Chaingun..
Sponsored Links
Re: Door pins

Taking the door off is dead easy and putting it back on is not much harder...and a one person job.

To be honest I can't remember how they go without going outside and it's too bloody cold!

But, I suspect door off might be the way to go as it gets a bit tight in there

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 155

door , pins