Pop Pop! - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 2 Old 01-12-04 Thread Starter
AO Member
Warning Pop Pop!

I was coming up a slip road to join onto a motorway a couple of days ago, must have hit 5500 rpm in 2nd before changing gear, then as I changed gear I.e let off the throttle, I heard a pop pop from what it sounded like the exhaust and engine a bit like a back fire or miss fire i guess. Then again from 5000 rpm changing from 3rd to 4th. At first I thought hey this is cool but it has not happened before and not since.

Just wondered what it is generally related too, my car has done 123,000 miles and has done 9,000 miles since its last service.

Is the pop related to something wearing out or timing out on something? or nothing to worry about

Thanks in advance.
Sponsored Links
Re: Pop Pop!

I get this when changing gear at high revs in the V6. the zorst has to be hot though.
When you gun it, the fuelling is a little rich, so that unburnt fuel through to the nice hot zorst causes the pop.

It may be helped by a slightly leaking zorst or just the baffling wearing out creating more of a "straight through".

Don't worry, it's not a problem

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 155