Hey Alfa Heads - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Re: Hey Alfa Heads

I didn't have any major problems changing bulbs.

Not sure how difficult it is to change the headlamp glass, but I don't think it's too tricky.

Sponsored Links

Do not let a dealer tel you the headlamp glass is not available seperately....I posted the part numbers on here ages ago.

From memory the front bars under the light have to come out and the indicators....or is it just the indicators. Anyway, the indicator have to come out and you may find the little screws that attach them to the headlight have rusted solid

Bulbs are easy, just undo the spring clips on the cover (sideways), pull off the cover and move it out the way then it's another clip to the headlight bulb, sidelights just pull out.

H1 headlamp bulbs

Wrinx is right. Also to change the glass the trim under the headlight has to come off. Once the indicators are off (they also have a plastic lever that I think you push towards the wing to release the unit), you will see a 10mm bolt that holds the end of the trim. Undo that and the trim will pull off. It's held by push-in studs.

The glass can be done with the lamp still in situ....just remove the clips that go around the edge of the glass.

The bulbs are not to bad to change. You might find the sidelight bulb has burned itself onto the plastic. I got a small file and filed away all the excess melted plastic until I could insert the new bulb properly.
AO Member

Some 155's have half the air intake system behind the nearside headlight and are a bugger to get to the back of the bulb holder

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 155

alfa , heads , hey