brakes again - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
brakes again

can anyone tell me how to set the rear brakes up and if thay have a dust seal for the rear kicking about as that is all i need and alfa want 26 sqid for the set thanks for your help guys this is the best site jeff
Sponsored Links
AO Silver Member
County: Perth and Kinross
Idea Re: brakes again

As the rear brakes are self adjusting there's not much to it. If the rear pads have been out or changed, then simply pump up the brake pedal. If any work was carried out on the handbrake, then adjust the freeplay out of the previously slackened handbrake cable. The adjuster is inside at the handbrake lever. It is a 13mm nut. Do not tension the handbrake cable as a properly adjusted handbrake cable should allow the levers on the rear brake caliper to just touch their return stops.

The only other thing you need to know is that the pistons in the rear calipers need to be wound back in to the housing. Do not attempt to simply push them back in.

With regard to a caliper seal kit, the local motor factors may well be able to supply a kit for less than a tenner. Its worth a try anyway.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Drive sideways- life's too short not to

Slip-sliding my way through winter. On four wheels and two.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 155