ne1 ever heard of this "fuel saver"???? - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
ne1 ever heard of this "fuel saver"????

this is on e-bay being sold by the same persson that sells the "performance (lol)chip"
click here

any one got any opinions ( sure you will have )
Sponsored Links
Re: ne1 ever heard of this "fuel saver"????

You'll need this after using the resistor thing which uses more fuel....another scam methinks...did you listen to the american voice over You can imagine the conversation now...."HHmmm, lets see how many big words we can string together to impress the punters...they'll lap it up....and send emails to all those mugs who bough the 50p resistor, they're BOUND to want one...!!!!"

AO Gold Member
County: Kent

Member car:

1993 Alfa 155 Q4

This seller is flooding ebay, Iv got ebay as a favourite and it brings up all new items that have reference to alfa and lancia, sometimes there are about 3 long pages of them!

I just checked his other items and he has over 14000 listed at once this must take every spare second of his time!
imagine the volume of emails he is getting,
AO Silver Member

Member car:

145 1.8 TS

Yeah... this is the same as the Ecotek... Steaming pile of horse s...

Here.. this is funny:

Q. What is it made from ?
A. It is a custom sealed neodymium super inductor that generates a frequency resonance between its faces.

It's basicly a magnet, similar to those used in hard drives, and does not generate a resonance... How can a passive magnet resonate?

Another thing:
The guidance says that the fuel consumption will increase after approx 500 miles... so on low milage cars, it would take more than time of the warranty period to see a benefit...
The items is brand new and includes a 30 day warranty.

For Sale: Alfa Romeo Spark Plugs - NGK laser platinum, 10mm & 14mm. PM me.

"And now my friend, the first rule of italian driving. Whatsa behind me is not important."

i think it does not work, i compare it with for example the lime(?) neutraliser for your running watertap at home. It does something but nobody has real evidence what the thing is doing. Mmm, no.. still think its cr*p. Just trying to get your money out of your wallet.

AO Member
Mooney Re: ne1 ever heard of this "fuel saver"????

I agree that this is probably a load of rubbish, no question.

However I race two stroke 100cc karts and a friend of mine who works for triumph motorcycles gave me a clip on thing for the fuel line that had 4 little magnets in it. He said it improves fuel flow. I didn't believe him but when i tried it I had to lean off the top end jet by about 1/4 of a turn so it must do something.

Even if it does make the fuel flow faster, maybe the jetting or in alfa case the ECU reduces the on time of the injectors ending up with the same fuel flow overall.

Far too confusing.

The best quote I ever saw after a review of the 164 QV, was "From now on I am only going to buy cars powered by Alfa V6's"

Mmmmmm The noise, the noise...................
AO Silver Member

Member car:

166 3.0 Sporto

Dave Walker did a fair and honest test of the Ecotek valve thingy a while ago for CCC. Rolling road runs, temperature corrections etc etc. Thorough job.

Conclusion was it's a load of hooey......

If any of these things actually worked, mainstream manufacturers would be using them, and shouting about it.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 155

fuel saver , heard , ne1