Ideas for Q4 clutch - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Sami Halme
Ideas for Q4 clutch

I am looking for ideas for my next clutch. After recent upgrade in autumn - the stainless 3" full exhaust - the power went beyond the known safety threshold of the original clutch. Winter went fine, since snow didn't offer much resistance. Now the tarmac is back. And the clutch seems to protest. Currently I have 350+ Nm of torque running with 1.0 bar boost.

Increasing the boost will get me figures near 450 Nm. (~320 Lbsft) At least that is what the maker of the exhaust estimated.

What kind of clutches there are available for Q4 that can handle the power (torque)?

Evocars offer Helix clutches that are good up to 460 Nm, but is there any other choice? Does anyone have experience with these Helix organic clutches?
How about Integrale Group N or A sintered clutches? Do they fit without hassle? Dimensions and splines seem to be the same according to catalogs, but at least Helix gives different part numbers and so does Sachs regular catalog.
Sponsored Links
Re: Ideas for Q4 clutch

The Helix clutch is good for handling higher torques as it is also easy to apply with your foot. Sintered Metal Gr A clutches are more like on/off switches and believe you me.. you will not enjoy these if you're stuck in a traffic jam and you try to crawl forward at walking pace!

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 155

clutch , ideas