Fuel Consumption - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Fuel Consumption

What sort of MPG should I be getting from my 1.8 16V, around town
I've calculated it from 10 (13.3Litres) to be around 26.6mpg!! Im thinking this is not too good.
Although I have noticed the car feels a little on teh falt side especially when driving just a little harder through the gears. Could this be related to my fuel consumption. Possibly a slow switching Lamda Sensor??

Sponsored Links
Re: Fuel Consumption

Ran my 1.8 16v for 100,000 miles and the usual average was 29mpg mixed driving. Winter this dropped to around 27mpg, again mixed so it sounds about right. This had 4 lambda sensors so guess it wasn't them at fault if there was one.

Some of the Cloverleaf boys get around 22-23 from their 2L's so you're doin ok. If in doubt change the thermostat and water temp sensor first.

Re: Fuel Consumption

I get 35-40 on a run but round town around 30. Check what temperature the water guage is reading, if the car is not getting warm ie 75 to 90 degrees celsius then the mixture will be richer thereby using more fuel. If the water is staying at below 70 then I think your thermostat is in need of replacement and also may be worthwhile changing the temp sensor that screws into the stat.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 155

consumption , fuel