Fuel leak - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Fuel leak

I've got a fuel leak form the top of the petrol tank. Reading on the posts it's most likely to be the L-shaped elbows leading from the tank to the fuel filter. Is it just a simple case of getting a new pipe / washers, removing the metal plate and pulling the pipe out of the tank? Without cleaning all the bits on the top of the unit I'm not exactly sure what is leaking, the top just becomes filled with petrol. Could it just be a simple case of replacing the washers or from previous experiences is it most likely to be the pipe itself? Would the petrol on top of the sender unit cause any problems with the wiring, make the injection light come on and off if it's becoming shorted. Just thought is there any chance that the thing could catch fire???? Sh!ttttt.

Sponsored Links
You will have to replace the whole pipe with L-bend thing. One pipe is about 10 from the dealer and the other is 30. It'll probably be the 10 that is broken. It goes down and connects to the fuel filter under the car. I think it is the red L bend but not sure. Dry/clean the are up and then run the engine. You will see the petrol seeping out of the split area, then you can trace which pipe it is.
No fire hazard really, unless you turn sharply and the pool of petrol spills off onto the other side of the car and explodes on the hot exhaust eek! eek! wink
Don't think that'll happen though, honest.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 155

fuel , leak