Heater System - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Heater System

Hello all, my 155 has a problem with the heater, in that in the summer even with the dial turned fully to the left(in the blue bit) it still blows HOT...any ideas ?
Now that it is winter, that's not such a problem. The strange thing is though that now that the dial spends most of it's time in the red, when I come to a standstill in traffic and even with the engine running warm the air gets COLD !!!
Do any of you guys suffer with this strange phenomena ???
Any advice would be very welcome

Sponsored Links
Nigel S
Has your car been converted from left hand drive?
Nordic Blue
Nigel i can see where you are coming from but can i ask spinki the mileage of the car as i am thinking the water pump might be on its way out or the matrix is blocked.
hope this is not the case, but I think you may have 2 probs. 1 The tap that is controlled by the heater knob may be stuck open and when you turn the dial you are not turning the heater off. 2. re the car going cold when stood in traffic. Mine did this when the head gasket had gone. Exhaust gas was air locking the cooling system. When I revved the car I could here it bubbling throught the heater matrix
Thanks fellas, some great advice here.
Truth is it could be any one or combination of the problems you have listed for me.
The mileage on the car shows 102,000 but the engine was replaced recently (Not sure how many miles that engine had done).
The matrix used to bubble with the old engine, but doesn't now...I don't think...maybe I'm just used to it!!!
The dial is definately moving because I checked that out in the summer.
The other things, I haven't checked yet, but will now.
Thanks for the again for the advice.

AO Member
If your old head gasket was gone and oil mixed with water, the heater matrix may be clogged with the residues - try flushing it. Disconnect the two hoses, attach the ingoing one to your garden hose and flush.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 155

heater , system