Sitting around unemployed, like your old mate Ralf, has not quenched Tarquini's appetite for Alfa genuine parts.
Despite not being used all summer, he's managed to rot his exhaust (the expensive bit with the flexi sections). I've now replaced that but he's still not satisfied.
His emissions are all over the place - 0.9 was mentioned - and the engine is hunting a bit at tickover.
It was doing that hunting before the exhaust change, so I don't think it's anything I did to it.
I put it down to the leaking pipe upsetting the lambda sensor but a shiny new gas-tight pipe has not changed anything - it's still lumpy.
Chief suspect is the lambda sensor but I'm open to other suggestions. It's a bit uncanny that the hunting and the exhaust failing started at around the same time.