tyre wear - Page 2 - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Check 4 play in AR bar drop links see my thread'antiroll bar mods' . in process of dreaming up + making lower brace + making top brace like jason77's .ImO if wishies can be destroyed in 20k mls design 'pants' eek!
Sponsored Links
AO Member

Member car:

155 1.8 16V

Update time -

Finally got around to fitting the Ragazzon and had a good look at the rear swing arms while I was under there. On the offside one, I wedged a big screwdriver in between the swing arm and it's bracket and CLUNK, it shifted sideways a good couple of mm, try it from the other side and CLUNK, back it went. Conclusion, offside swing arm bearings are knobbed, nearside seems OK but I'll replace them anyway. Well at least I won't be bored on my Xmas holidays.

So that's a problem found but whether or not it is THE problem only time, and another pair of Toyos will tell.

Ragazzon seems pretty good though.

Nordic Blue
Your not along. I had a blow out today going to work doing 50 down a duel carraigeway. No damage to the rim. Now running round with a space saver on. Only thing hurt is my image.
As my car is a Super and usually runs on 15" then do the Sport versions have a different size space saver as they run on 16".
I will look later at the sport i have aswell but just thought i would ask anyway.

Probably not as the total diameter should be the same due to the tyre profile
Sometimes unusual tyre wear happens because of repetitive actions.
i.e.. Pulling on and off a tight drive-way using full lock carrying too much speed
i.e.. Using the same route every day for work steadily reducing the journey time! Not by speeding but just hitting thoughs familiar islands harder and harder!
Just a thought!

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 155

tyre , wear