petrol - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    

last week i started to get a small misfire whilst the engine was warming up.i decided to re fill using optimax.i did notice a big difference-no more misfire,the pick up was much improved,engine seemed 'quiter'.do any of you lot use optimax on a regular basis or just once in a while??
Sponsored Links
I use Optimax all the time makes the old girl a bit more responsive when i floor the throttle

But then i`ve got a chip in her as well
Raj k
Good question,

I use super-unleaded all the time. Ususally from BP stations. I've been using it so long that I'm just used to the performance. I think it improves things a little. Also started using BP ' ultimate' diesel in my TDCI Focus which has definitely improved performance and lets me achieve 530 miles+ from a single tank. Yes, they cost more per litre but I think these 'opitimum' fuels are worth it if your car is otherwise in good running order or your extra pennies - per-litre are being wasted...

I use Optimax 'cos I have a Squadra chip fitted. Optimax is actually cheaper here than everyone elses Super. I've driven the car chipped on normal unleaded and it lost the top end if I remember correctly.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 155