FINALY SOME GOOD NEWS for me. :) - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    

Got a call from my alfa parts guy here in panama, he is telling me that someone in the north of the country crashed his 155 over the week end, and its a write off. He is selling the engine for $1500. Now a couple of things:

1..i dont know the milage of that car, but i doubt is more than 80,000km, mine is 59,000 km.

2... i dont know where the other car hit the 155. If its in the front, then the engine might have had some damage.

3..It might be a 16v or a 1.8. If its any of those, can they be used in a 2.0 8v chassis??

4..If its not an 8V, could i use pistons and rings and such from the 155 to fix mine, or are they diffrent?

5... If it is a 8v, and has less than $1500 a good price or should i haggle?

just so you know to repair my engine will run me aprox $2000 ++++.

There is a guy checking the engine out for me, so i should have an answer to at least the model, buy friday afternoon.

Also, i will most likley ^invent^ business trip to that area, and snagg some other parts of it.. any sugestion on what i should snagg??

Sponsored Links
AO Member

Member car:

GTV 2.0

The 1.8 will fit in the 2.0 but not if it is a 16v (so I am told, and I find it not hard to believe), if it is under 80.000 try to have it cheaper, I bought an engine a couple of years back with 48.000 for 1250euro or dollar(little difference) that was 2 years ago, if he sticks to his price, buy it, prices here are lower because there are a lot of 155s around, hopefully it's not damaged
If you take the engine, I would also take the ECU as the 2.0litre and 1.8litre ECU's will have different settings I would think.
Hard to say if the engine is worth that as in the UK we can buy 2 whole 8v cars for $1500 (about 1000).

its the 2.0 8v. It has 55,000 km on the it.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 155

finaly , good , news