slight miss fire - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
slight miss fire

my 1.8 16v has developed a slight missfire at around 2250 rpm, and feels a bit flat under load in top. Any ideas, and how to check your suggestions out?
Sponsored Links
Jack the easiest way to check the leads is to pull one off at a time wnile it`s running and see if the engine drops in revs wink

if it does`nt chances are that lead is duff
eek! eek! bugger might not work on a twinspark but does on convential motor anyway give it a go

Btw dont touch any part of the car with the rest of your body or you will earth yourself out and get a nasty shock eek! eek!
thanks speedy but i think it is morelikely to be a dodgy sensor, possibly the lambda probe. It has been on for 60K miles now so prob due for a new one. Incidentally there is a guy on ebay selling lambdas for 18 NEW
Get his contact details. They may come in handy sooner or later !!!

I have recently changed the thermostat cos it was stuck open and the car was not getting any way near warm. I also changed the temp sensor. Got one for 7:50 from local motor factors they even had one on the shelf. Now runs a treat, touch wood. It seems the tempsensor is shared with most fiats and alfas. It is not a genuine bosch part but seems to work fine.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 155

fire , miss , slight