Losing Power!! - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Losing Power!!

Guys got a problem, last hight i was going back to my house and on the way there was this bmw so I change to third gear tried to pass it suddenly when my rpm was at 4 there was no more power and I had to change gear again back to fourth , so since I changed gear to soon the beemer (328i) just sliped away. That ****ed me off. Now what could be the problem. When I got home I accelerated my car and made the rpm go to 6500, so there was no problem when the car is standing still but when you run it you cant go that high up.
Sponsored Links
The only thing i can think of is the turbo wastegate not opening fully or possibly a camshaft sensor (if it has one fitted)breaking down or even a drop in fuel pressure

Maybe someone else can come up with some more idea`s wink
do you have a boost gauge fitted? this would tell you if it's a boost problem?

How much fuel is in the car? if you're low on fuel you're more likely to pickup the crap of the bottom of the tank and may have got it got chugged up with crap? thus reducing the fuelling rate?

sitting revving and it's ok would make me think more of a boost issue due to no load being put on the engine, so the turbo doen't really spool properly/boost up.

I dont have a booste gauge so I would not know if the turbo is working properly, but I dont think its the turbo since its new bought it a yeat=r and a half ago. My fuel was at least less than half full.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 155

losing , power