Blasted thing won't start
Out of the blue, my 1992 8V 2.0 TS (with air-con) won't start. Sometimes get the correct lights and radio but just a click and dead when key rotated to start. Jump starts OK but then for the next couple of miles will cut out every second momentarily until warm and then runs absolutely fine. When it cuts out the dash reverts to pre-start mode, ie ignition on, usual red lights etc - this happens for a split second until it behaves again, car falters as if fuel and / or spark completely gone and then all is well. This happens every second for a while, just like kangaroo petrol and then all fine.
Took it to the local sparky who has been great in the past. He said the charging is fine (14.5V) and the battery hydrometer levels are great so the battery is charged ! Seems to me its either a bad connection / earth somewhere or a black box / sensor on the blink. Any ideas ?