radio reception - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
radio reception

Does anyone else suffer from poor FM reception? My daughter's Fiesta sounds better! Maybe that's because the aerial's on the roof! I do'nt know where the aerial is on my V6(maybe the rear screen). Is there an aerial amplifier situated somewhere......and if not, can you buy one? The reception was better in my previous car(B*W), but I saw the light and bought a 155; after two years it's time to do something about this!
Any ideas?
Sponsored Links
Sounds a bit like my reception on FM ..........

Maybe its a common thing to V6`s think theres an amplifier somewhere but never looked
The antenna for mine is in front of my
rear view mirror attached to the
Mines a 95 skinny V6.
The amplifier is at the bottom of the C pillar/end of the parcel shelf area.....I think!

Christian U
The antenna-amplifier is situated eighter, in the right-rear upright (between rear-door & -window) or under the cower between headrests and window (in the middle between rear speakers) you might be able to spot it from below.
The reception of an window-antenna is not nearly as good as an ordenary antenna, but of course more practical and not in risk of vandalisme.
Further more the amplifier often breaks down. (bad quality i guess!)

I have had two 155's...the first, a '96 2,0 16V, the amp. was located in the upright, the second (present) a '94 2,5 V6 it is under the cower.

Idea Re: radio reception

Reception in my car is poor too. I'll try to find that amplifier and try to fix something
Re: radio reception

You beat me to it with this post, I need to check my amplifier too, reception is very poor except for very strong radio signals. The cd player was perfect in my last 155.

Maybe I`ll change the naff blown speakers while under the rear shelf
AO Silver Member
County: East Sussex
Re: radio reception

Have you checked that all the elements in the heated screen are intact as this will affect reception. If any are damaged then you can get some special paint from Halfords to repair them.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 155

radio , reception