Noisy Baffles? - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Noisy Baffles?

Hi all,
I have a noise that starts about 20 seconds after engine start and appears to be coming from the exhaust. It's a rattly sound that doesn't change in pitch and only happens between 1000 and 2000 rpm.
Is this rattly baffles?

If it is, can someone recommend a good stainless steel exhaust with upturned DTM style rear pipes.

Thanks (Paul in Reading, UK)
Sponsored Links
It could also be one of the mounting brackets working loose or heat shields contacting with the exhaust.

Have a quick look before you splash out wink

Nordic Blue
I have had the same sort of problem so i got someone to rev the car for me whist i looked for the problem .I turned out tobe the rear box ,you could put your hand on the top and feel it and when you pressed the rear box together then it went .So i bought a back box but now i have a metalic like loose heat shield sound dioing
There are two clamps at the front of the exhaust which rust badly and start to rattle. Mine does it. My back box went about a year ago. The car sounded amazing when the exhaust was hot, but when cold, the perforated tube in the rear box bounced about and rattled.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 155

baffles , noisy