More noises from the engine bay - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
John R
More noises from the engine bay

Help again,
I had my head under the bonnet yesterday with the engine running, and noticed that the injectors were making noises (never noticed before) is this normal?
Also there was a quiet diesel type sound could this be the variator? I had all the belts and variator done 12 months ago, could it be starting to go so soon?
When I switched of I noticed a buzzing comming from the black thing on top of the throttle butterfly assembly what is it?
I had a new alternator a couple of weeks ago and had none of these problems before,also the power steering pump seems more noisy and the engine has developed a bit of a whine are these all related.
Every time I take it to the garage it seems to come back with more problems is this normal or am I being taken for a ride?
(Its a 1997 2.0 twinspark)
Sponsored Links
Hi Funkin,
The buzzing is normal when you switch off. Not sure what it is, but my car does it for a few seconds after stopping the engine. Only noticeable with the bonnet up. The injectors click anyway as they are like little switches, you know, on-off (or open-shut).
The whine might be a slightly slipping belt after getting the alternator changed.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 155

bay , engine , noises