shortcut... - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    

Damn fool I am
Since my engine is still stalling and I was measuring voltage with voltmeter on air flow sensor on 4 wires coming from it, accidentally I made shortcut (spark) between two wires.. donít know how, maybe I connected with battery or something...after that stalling become worse, I checked air flow sensor it is opening when accelerate....I probably damaged air flow sensor or air temperature sensor... I burn something thatís for sure. I drove car home hardly since stalling is terrible and I notice strange smell from exhaust, probably rich mixture damage catalysator.
Right now I m getting from 0,02 to 0,10V (on some wires is 0V) on wires on air flow thing...does anyone know what voltage should be.
Could I damaged ECU.. and what is input voltage for air flow...Car is 1,7 8V
Desperate I am...
Sponsored Links
Easy way to check if you airflow sensor is to blame is to disconnect the plug to it. When you drive your injector light will show, but if it is faulty, the engine should run pretty smoothly. I developed jerky running a few days ago, did the above and it ran fine. I removed the airflow sensor and doused it with WD 40 (after taking the sensor out of the air pipe)
Runs ok again now
pin 4&3 300/500 ohms (closed)

pin 2&4 10 ohms (closed)

should be smooth readings until it reads 200 ohms when open.
Thanks alfastuÖjimybob
When I disconnect airflow sensor plug.. same thing nothing changes...engine is running badlyÖstalling.. and on dashboard nothing appears I donít think that I could burn airflow sensor since inside is just simple thing like potentiometer with termistor...and voltage is about 0,02 on plugs I suspect that something in ECU is damaged since is no voltage from it....
AO Silver Member

Member car:

156 2.0 Veloce

Have you checked to see that none of the fuses have blown? The ECU must still be alive , since you wouldn't even be able to start the engine if it was blown!

Good luck in sorting it!
I dont think that airflow thing have fuses...and same thing told me my mechanic today he thinks than ECU is not damaged since car is working he say I probably burn air temperature sensor which is inside, he sad that ECU is measuring it by resistance so thatís why there is no voltage on air flowmeter plugs...but I found different on this site voltage should be from 3,5V to 3,9V thatís what confuses me ....jimybob this resistance u gave should I measured when car is working or when plug is of the airflowmeter?

Thanks u all for help

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 155