alternator replacement - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
el gringo
alternator replacement

Well, I've found the culprit for the squealing screeching noise I mentioned on the Variator How-to thread: the alternator is shot. So in a way I'm relieved that at least it's not something terminal. But I'm wondering what the best way is to take out the alternator, as my manual is only for the 8V and diesel cars. Should I remove the inlet manifold and plenum and take it out upwards, or does it need to come out through the wheelarch? The 156 manual for the 16V TS says to take out the righthand engine mount and the front section of the exhaust...

DOH! I just realized it's probably different for you RHD guys because of the brake servo and stuff getting in the way. Still, any suggestions? The car is parked out on the street and not going anywhere, so the less I will have to crawl underneath it the better.
Sponsored Links
AO Member
el gringo, I have found the pages from the RHD manual and it should be fairly simular to LHD car.
Use the following link to access the pages,Alternator Removal ZIP file 16 valve
el gringo
Cheers daiblack, much appreciated!

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 155

alternator , replacement