Blowing off! - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Nick Round
Blowing off!

My 2L 8valve has just blown off the grey plastic moulding (with the words twin spark written on it) that is part of the fuel system. This is the 3rd time in 7 years. Results are, it either stops the engine all together, refuses to start or like this time, starts but won't idle or rev then just dies. It didn't come completely off this time. Is this a know fault and if so is there away of attaching it more securely to the inlet manifold? Looks like its a small job that could prove beyond me as there are alot of high presure fuel pipes in the way that may need removing to get to the 4 joints.

Any advise greatly received.
Sponsored Links
AO Silver Member
County: Tyne and Wear

Member car:

a very dirty car

I`ve had a look under the bonnet on mine and can`t see the bit you are talkngn about!

Am I blind ??

Standing at the front of the car, looking at the engine - where is it ??
Nick Round
Its behind the engine attached to the inlet manifold (against the bulk head). Got Roger at Peak Alfa to check it out appears the rubber mountings are on there way out and the attaching clips are the usual rubish Alfa style. Hes gonna sort it when he gets back of his Hols. So it looks like I'll have to use the 155 a bit more sparingly for 3 weeks. More classic motoring for me then
I had this a couple of times with my old 8v, seemed to happen when starting the car when it was already hot. If the engine didn't quite catch it would pop back and blow off the rubbers.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 155