fuel problem v6 ? - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
terry v6
fuel problem v6 ?

i have a fuel problem iget down to half a tank and thats when it starts(yes there is petrol and the gauge is working)i go to pull away and it takes a big dive but only at half a tank and under and it's also getting harder 2 start i suspect a lazy pump or a blocked breather any ideas ?
Sponsored Links
Your dianosis sounds good have you changed the fuel filter ????? Also have you tried taking the petrol cap off when you get down to half a tank If it sets off ok after taking it off then it would probably be the breathers blocked and causing the system to build a vacuum

Or get the fuel pressure checked when it starts doing it to eliminate the pump
As far as the gauge gos, does it drop and stay there or does it move around a lot?,
if its moving around a lot then i shouldn't worry, mine does the same and you'll also notice that when you're under half a tank your reserve light will flicker on and off intermittently,seems that a lot of these do that.
As for your starting prob,then yes could be dodgy fuel pump or starter motor on its way out. What does it sound like when attempting to start? does it whir over struggling as if you're battery is close to flat? or does it turn over normally.
i;d bet you that the pick up pipe in the tank is split half way up..when its full all is well when it drops below the split it starts sucking in air..take out the tank unit and replace the pipe.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 155

fuel , problem