engine cutting out - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Peter Ed
engine cutting out

2.0 ts P reg, 60,000 mls

Hello all
engine conyinully cuts out, originaly it was very occasionally but this last week it does it very often, camt go more than half a mile without it stalling, it does seem to be much worse after hitting a pot hole. -----> so poss just loose connection.

Any ways, people have suggeested the TDC sensor or the crank angle sensor, but I need to know where these are or what else to look for

Any help much apppreciated
Sponsored Links
Suggest you check the battery terminals and all the earths are good and tight and also the connections on the fuel pump relay
Check your plug leads aren't loose. Sounds daft but when I first replaced mine, the car would cut out then restart like a bump start. Turned out the leads weren't sitting in the coils properly.

Peter Ed(H)
After a bit of mauling and clinaning connectors up the world is good again, didnt see anything that looked like the cause but it seems to have sorted it.
Quite intrigued as to what it would have been, by the way power is back to what it should be, I hadnt realised what i had lost

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 155

cutting , engine