Engine hestiation when cold - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Engine hestiation when cold

Hey guys, I realise this prob has come up before but mine seems slightly different.
Whenever I come to drive my V6 after its been left more than a few hours, it starts OK, and idles and revs fine, but when I move off (I guess when I put a load on the engine) it almost stalls. I have to give it gas to get it going. If I put my foot down it'll bog for a second then I'll hear this "POP!" and it'll be off down the road like the clappers. Although I don't like doing this as I hate to think what this popping is, its often the only way to get the engine running normally. If I just nurse it it'll perform badly for several minutes, and when I'm coasting down hill from my house it runs really rough and irregular. Its especially embarrassing when this nice-looking bird is doing her daily walk past my place and I go past her on my way to work stuttering and popping
I don't have any warning lights when this happens, and once I've been driving for a while it'll be fine. From the other posts it looks like maybe lambda probe or temp sensor - but has anyone experienced this popping before? Engine temp is fine too.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 155

cold , engine , hestiation