V6 oil - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
V6 oil

How much is a V6 expected to use Oil wise ?, Noticed that the V6 runs a lot hotter than the 16V, V6 is always sat at 90 Deg and the oil is always vertical on the dial too

Then again with the pace that Ruddles can acheave im not complaining at all, dont even need 1st gear as it will pull of the line anyway...
Sponsored Links
I have to top the V6 up a little more than the twinny (never needed a top up!), about half a litre every couple of weeks max. Thats about 6-700 miles for me. I drive it hard so expect to put a bit in such an old engine.....design not physical age

As yours is modded perhaps it will use more? My guages read the same as your and yes, I too noticed it runs very hot. Just stand at the side of the car and you can feel it eek!

Dont wanna upset you guys but mine only ever gets to 90 when its been sat ticking over for a while

Normally runs at 70 no matter how hard its getting driven

And regarding oil it uses about half a litre per 1000 miles or so
Mike Scarf
That's because of all the care and attention yours obviously gets
Hi guys well mine runs always at approx 90degrees also, i had a 2 litre ts before this and it definately ran cooler than the 6, also the oil temp runs higher than the 2 litre ts, however the oil consumption was way higher with the 2litre ts despite the fact that it had about 40,000 miles less on the engine. regards Paul.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 155