Upgrading the brakes - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Pauly Paul
Upgrading the brakes

Hi guys

I've had my N reg 2.0 TS for a year now, and have decided that I want to increase the power a bit. I'm thinking about having the head gas flowed, a chip and a s/s manifold, but before I do this, I need to seriously upgrade my brakes. I currently have a set of grooved and drilled discs and a decent set of pads, and whilst this improves the standard brakes a wee bit, I still don't have a great deal of confidence in them stopping me! Someone has suggested that I put the new GTV6 calipers on the front, which will not only help the car stop, but will also look good through the black wheels as they're the red ones with Alfa Romeo written on them.

I know Power Alfa do a Brembo kit, but this will cost in the region of 1,000 inc fitting, and I can get the calipers from my local dealer for 160, and a local mechanic who is willing to help with the fitting.

Please help
Sponsored Links
They would be great. You will have to check it all out though. They may not fit straight on. The GTV6 has bigger wheels (I think) and you will need the caliper mounting bracket too. The bigger brakes/discs might not have enough clearance behind your wheels.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 155

brakes , upgrading