splitter height ? - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 5 Old 05-06-03 Thread Starter
AO Silver Member

Member car:

155 Q4

splitter height ?

hi all , meant to post this for somone the other day . with the front splitter (silverstone) fitted and eibach springs on (deano/henry or whoever) what ground clearance do you guys have as friend has hormann springs on standard shocks which leaves just 3.25 inch clearance is this average as car came with springs so dont know the amount its actually lowered.
Sponsored Links
I have about 3.5 inches to play with.....and my splitter has about the same clearance. My splitter is extended wich actually gives you more clearance as it sits higher due to the shape of the bumper etc.

My car is on standard springs....in fact....it's a Silverstone, Woohoo !!!

Sounds about normal.

ok ive just been out and measured mine and ive got just short of 4inch's from the front of the splitter to the road but the car is parked on a hill with the front facing upwards so it will probably be about 3.5inch on a level road.

ive got eibachs on mine lowered 35mm but they havent actually lowered the car 35mm!!
when they where fitted the difference was more like 25mm. has anybody else experienced this?
I think the lowering size they give is for a 155.. as in they think that all 155's are the same height.
As we know the later 155's (16valvers) sitt 10-15mm lower than the older models.
So from their figures..a 35mm drop it may be on the non 16valvers = only a 20-25mm drop on the 16valvers.

Makes any sense?

thought not

If only they had the same knowledge pool we have hell why don't we start offering advice (at a cost) too all these manufacturers that don't know nowt i.e. halford onyl list one size of front disc pads for ALL 155's etc

oh the joy's of knowing it all

Fight, fight, fight....

Right this is how I understand the ride heights. They are all the same...except.....Supers and 2.0litre 8 valves are 15mm higher and the Sportpack models are 15mm lower.
So the difference between a Super and a Sportpack is 30mm as standard if you see what I mean. No, ah well, I'm wrong again....

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 155

height , splitter