Fuel Injection light - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Fuel Injection light

Afternoon all,

Travelling home from work yesterday, my fuel injection light flicked on for a couple of seconds an went out. At the same time I notice a slight loss in power. I continued to travel on and didn't noticed any loss of power since but the light did flick on and of again momentarily. My questions is, is this the start of a malfunctioning fuel injector or is it simply a blockage of some sort. Should I have this checked out at an Alfa Service center immediately?

Any comments would greatly welcomed.

1997 P REG 155 2.0 TS 16v
Sponsored Links
Mine (2.0 16V P reg) does exactly the same thing. It does say somewhere in the owners manual that it will happen from time to time and not to worry about it.
philip glover
Hi i get the light very occasionally when standing in traffic but it has never affected the performace & after reading various topics over the years on this forum i have never done anything about it & at the moment it is ok!!
Thanks lads, my arse was really going for a minute. The cars due for it's 48K service soon so they might pick something up then.

Thanks anyway.

AO Member
The light usually indicates that there is some sort of malfunction or a reading from a sensor that is not plausible (e.g. air temperature higher than 70 C).
In a lot of cases its a worn Oxy sensor, there is an inner adjuster that is just able to work within a specifc range, if that range is exceeded, the ECU will store an error code and that light will come alive. During the malfunction, the EC will use a "limp home mode", that means it uses a standard mapping in order not to ruin the engine - that's your loss of power.
On my 33 P4 and on my 75 TS I am able to read out the error codes myself, but don't ask me how it works on a 155.
Maybe your dealer is so kind to read out the error codes of your car without ruining your financial perspective - its a real fast and easy job.

I can promise you nothing but blood, sweat, oil and tears
33 P4
75 TS 2.0
145 JTD
Agha33, thanks for the info. Problem seems to have gone away for the time being.

Thanks all

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 155

fuel , injection , light