Central Locking - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Central Locking

After my keys fobs had stopped working i 've had to resort to opening the door with the key itself. I have now discovered that when turning the key in the drivers door it does not deactivate/activate the central locking. I've stripped the door down so i can see the mechanism turning which it does and the white connecting rod from the key barrel to the lock moves up and down when the key turns. The problem is that it does not appear to move far enough for the lock to disengage. The key turns the same amount in the barrel as the passenger side door and wont turn any further.

Has anybody had this problem before?
Do you think a new lock on the door would cure this problem, the central locking works fine but just not with the key turning in the barrel.

Cheers frown
Sponsored Links
Did you check the connections? If so, try bridging the contacts to the central locking system to see if the problem is in the ds locking device. If so, the easiest way is to get you a cheap spare from a breaker.
Have you tried adjusting the rod ??

Also if the lock mechanism is starting to seize it will stop it working Is the motor adjustable ??
Some have a slot and you can move them up or down a bit on the mounting screws it might need adjusting

Either that or bend the rod to make it longer and see if that works
If you need a spare part, this might help you:

I just saw it on German EBay and thought of your problem.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 155

central , locking