TSW alloy wheel nut spanner please help! - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
TSW alloy wheel nut spanner please help!

Hello all, am in a bit of a fix.

I am now the proud owner of a set of 17" TSW imola alloy wheels. They come fitted with over sizes centre nuts, about 70mm across. I asked my friendly local dealer if they supply the huge black plastic spanner to get the centre cap nut off but they don't have any, neither do TSW uk. Any ideas?

Wheels look like this

The centre nut is removed with a tool that looks like this

If you have one you'd like to sell, or any ideas on other ways around this please do not hesitate to say so.

Sponsored Links
Dunno how accessible the nut is but I'd be tempted to get a bit of sheet metal and make a spanner.........if you've got the facilities. Or, something like water pump pliers and a bit of rag to protect the nut???

I have managed to get hold of a man at TSW headquarters who can get me one.

The problem was that the original centre nuts were so corroded in place I had to use an oil filter clamp thing with big teeth to get 3 off and an angle grinder to get the last one off.

Need the right kit for the job.
I got a replacement one from Demon Tweeks because the pull outy thingy broke on my original (the tool for pulling the centre plate off. A word of warning. Do not tighten the centre nut up too much, I did and then I couldn't pull the centre plates off. Took me about 5 hours to wrench the b*stard off. I've got 4 black centre nuts if you're interested. wink
I just bought 4 black centre nuts too!

I intend to nip them up tightish, but will use lots of copper grease to mating surfaces to help stop any corrosion or sticking!

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 155

alloy , nut , spanner , tsw , wheel