Mega power gain for 2.0L 16v - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Richard S
Mega power gain for 2.0L 16v

At my local AROC meeting last night I heard tell of a replacement ECU available form Italy which was homologated for the ITC, it was an 'in the boot job' like the Silverstone spoilers. Apparently in some class of Touring Car racing in Italy you cannot make changes to the ECU so they put a different one in the boot for the teams to fit. A bloke in Leicester has one which he got via the Integrale Owners Club. Power gain is 47 bhp!!!!!!!!

Trying to find out more but it seems a bit high for a EUC change to me...
Sponsored Links
Ian Spring
Sounds pretty unlikely unless it's on a Q4. If it was possible to get a 47bhp increase on a normally aspirated engine purely from electronic adjustments then you can guarantee that someone else would have done it by now. On turno engines it is sometimes possible by raising the boost level but this isn't necesarilly good for the engine unless other components are upgraded as well. Does an Integrale/Q4 have electronic boost control? I didn't think so.

yeah the Q4 has ECU controlled boost..

47bhp on a nasp engine must be with throttle bodies... now there's a plan wink
Q4's and grales not only control the boost electronically , it is limited further in 1st 2nd gear to protect the drivetrain, and has certain failsafes should engine parameters be exceeded, notably inlet temp. For its age its a pretty cutting edge engine.

Edited cos I forgot the reason of the topic, 47bhp gain from an ECU on a NA engine with nothing else changed is b0ll0x

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 155

16v , 20l , gain , mega , power