Sportspack wheel repairs - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Sportspack wheel repairs

I have the black Sportspack alloys, one of which has been dented by running over a very large lump of rock in the road.

I have also just acquired three older Sportspack wheels that need some serious attention but they were cheap enough to allow for refurbishment.

These secondhand wheels need the whole of the outside edge renovating and filling in places as they have been kerbed and my current (new) wheel needs straightening.

Can anyone recommed a decent place to do the job, 4-wheels so distance may be a problem due to petrol/post costs. Also how much am I looking at per wheel or full job lot ?

Sponsored Links
Hi Wrinx,
As you know I recently damaged one of my black speedlines in the snow.I just thought that I would need a refurb job and made loads of enquiries.The "going " rate seemed to be 35-40 per wheel for a straight forwaed job.However, if you need any sections welded due to missing wheel parts then this can rise very quickly .One firm wanted 10 per inch for welding!!!!!I was stumped as my wheel was badly buckled and this is not repairable.Try fitting the wheels ,jack up the car and spin em up .You will see for yourself how goog/bad they are. Some firms will give you a better price for 4 wheels.
good luck
Mike Scarf
Hi Wrinx

You've seen my refurbished wheels. Cost me 160 for the four. Best bit was they were done in a day. I just dropped the car off in the morning, spent a day walking around Grimsby (now I know where the Grim bit comes from eek! Test drove Henrys fantasy car (you know the one I mean) and would have taken a Stilo Arbarth for a run but the demo car had just been sold.
Wheels were balanced and the tyres swopped to put the slightly worn inner edges to the outside on the front wheels.
AO Silver Member

Member car:

155 Q4

pro clean st helens cant say how good they are but i think its 40 per wheels for mirror polishing ill dig out number if your interested.
Craig M
Lyles of Newcastle have Sportpack wheels for 300 a set if your interested.
Richard S
wrinx you could try the guys who did mine at Belmont metal finishers, they're at Old Dalby the Nottingham side of Melton Mowbray. They do take a bit of time (1-2 weeks) but at 30 a pop the're not bad inc fitting and balancing. I could lend you a set of wheels+tyres if you need them.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 155

repairs , sportspack , wheel