clicking noise from clutch - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
clicking noise from clutch

Hi all,
Can anyone shine some light on this one?Today when I drove off from work I had a noise that I can only describe as the slight clicking /ratchet noise you get when a CV joint has gone .Initially this is exactly what I supposed it to be ,however when I pressed the clutch to change into 2nd the noise disappeared.I can only notice it when in 1st gear and 2nd gear ,although this may be due to increased speed/engine noise drowning it out .It seems to increase with the speed of the car ie. get faster not louder.
The car is a 95 v6.
p.s in order to hear it , as it is not that loud I have to turn climate /radio off but can definately hear something rubbing/clicking
thanks in advance for help
Sponsored Links
maybe the release bearing???

any thoughts JB
could be the bearing or indeed the cv joint.
Had a good test drive over the weekend ,and I can hear the clicking in 1st 2nd 3rd 4th gears, but only when the clutch is engaged ,sounds ok when I depress the pedal.Does this point to the release bearing etc ? And approx how much would a clutch job cost?( not that I'm about to have it done, just to cure a noise!! Just as well i've got a 12 stack changer in the boot, plenty of choice to DROWN out the clicks).
Mcenroe eek!
95 v6
it could be the bearing.but it could also be a chipped tooth in the diff.although i would expect it to do it on overrun not under power.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 155

clicking , clutch , noise

« tyres | Strut Brace »