Red Dot Pads - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 4 Old 17-02-03 Thread Starter
Red Dot Pads

Put new red dot pads on fronts today, but the sensor plug on pads is totally different from the one on old pads and therefore doesn't connect with socket on car. Old cable has one wire but new pads has two. Any ideas? Can you get an adapter?

Going to do the rear discs and pads tomorrow, has someone said that they are a complete b*tch to do? If so any advice would be appreciated
Sponsored Links
Ian Spring
The single-wire sensor on the pads works by grounding the connection through the disk (i.e. when the sensor contacts the disk it makes a circuit).

It sounds as if the Red Dot pads allow for a complete circuit to be made and don't rely on the disks being 'grounded'. This is an 'educated guess' but try connecting one of the wires to ground (either on the hub or, preferably, by running another wire up the existing sensor lead and connecting it to the body) and the other to the existing sensor lead. It won't matter which is which.

Richard S
Just cut the plug off your old pads and attach it to the new ones. The backs are easy, the only problem is winding on the pistons, buy a tool (10-15) and save a lot of heart and finger ache. I think the tools are pretty universal.
When I did the rears, I used a G-clamp to push the pistons back while turning them with a set of grips. This worked a treat !!!
Just remember to grip the pistons at the exposed end bit so not to score them eek!

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 155

dot , pads , red