OIL PRESURE GAGE - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    

i remember seeing a post on this topic.

Is the gage reliable??

Mine shows 0 bars on idle, and then pretty much goes up with the rpms, until 4 bars. is that normal or should it stay between 2-4bars all the time??

Sponsored Links
Mine sometimes fluctuates when I have just started her up and pull away, but then settles at 4. Most times it just goes up to 4 and stays there
AO Silver Member

Member car:

156 2.0 Veloce

0 bars is bad - it shouldn't go less than 2.5 at idle, on a decent engine. (corrections welcome)

You should hope that your guage is shot as opposed to your oil pressure...

Up to now, my guage has proved reliable (as far as I know) - shows around 3 - 3.5 at idle when cold 2.5 - just under 3 when warm at idle and always 4 when driving (sometimes just over 4 when cold).
AO Member
Hi Nicolas
I face the same problem ('93 8V)
On warm engine, pressure is near zero. He comes back to normal 4 bar just around 3500 rpm
I wonder why the warning light is not going on. Either the pressure is enough, just gage and/or indicator is bad, or pressure is NOK then light is bed and I have an engine problem.
I intend to check the pressure with an external manometer.
From memory I think the manual just says it should be more than 2.5 bar at full revs (presumably in neutral, rather than driving along). I await correction wink

But mine is usually around 4 driving and idling. 6 at start up when cold, and also goes up to about 5 or 6 when you floor the loud pedal.
i added a quarter of oil today. the gage went up to 1.5-2 on idle and just over 4 driving at 3500-4000rpm.But after driving and then on idle it was close to 0 again. there is no oil leak i checked under the car, so i think its just not enough oil. i intend to add another quarter of oil today and see what happens. The oil warning lamp comes on when the car is standing in a hill, which it did today, so i belive its just a question of more oil. These chain cars tend to use more oil than regular belts, i belive??

SUGGEST YOU CHECK OIL LEVEL WITH DIPSTICK WHEN PARKED ON LEVEL GROUND AND FILL IT CORRECTLY eek! rather than putting a bit in till gauge reads higher eek!
Mine is always on 0bars

I need to repair this, but i don't know how!

If I change the sensor... can repair this or can be fuse (I think this is not posible...) or cut on the circuit?

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 155

gage , oil , presure