Right.. the car is my ye olde Silverstone with a gazzillion miles on the clock wink
The handling is pants. I don't think something has just broken, more that it's never really bugged me quite so much, so I thought I'd see what you guys thought..
1) feed back from the steering is pants
2) Streering accuracy aint that good
3) when you get hit by a cross wind the car noticably veers
4) it's a bit bouncy (though I'm used to the Q4 & the tyre pressures might need checking)
5) It feels like the wheels are loose (which they aren't)
6) braking isn't too hot - locks\abs's quite easily - though the roads are greasy at the mo.
7) body roll is very noticable
8) you can feel the weight transfer very easily & noticably
The car has Sachs dampers which are about 3-4 years old now & std springs which a a good couple of years too.
There are no strange noises, no clunks, nothing untoward. I haven't noticed that the tyre wear is that bad either - but it's raining so don't quote me.
right.. opinions, things to check. I'd rather steer clear of the "random change it & see" approach, so if there are any nice jack it up & hammer it type tests, fire away.