Tuning - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    

Has anybody ever experienced the timing belts to slip? The reason I ask is that before xmas I put some redex directly into each cylinder, on other cars I've just sarted them and it burns the stuff off, when I tried to start the Alfa the pistons seemed to lock i.e the engine wouldn't turn over, when removing the excess redex and fired up again I've noticed that it seems even less willing at low revs than before. Would a decent rolling road tune up sort out the problem, does anybody know of any places within the Northwest?

Sponsored Links
Sounds like you put enough redex in to lock the engine, shouldnt have caused any damage tho, just the starter motor would wonder what was going on.
Im not sure car tuneres can do alot with these engines, the motronic ECU adjusts everything lots of times per second. I suppose clean the injectors in an Ultra sonic bath might help, depends how the cars ben used and the quality of petrol.
AO Silver Member
County: Tyne and Wear

Member car:

a very dirty car

Have yiu ended up with crap in your plugs? Moisture from oil on a poorly engine (redex in this case) can cause all sorts of residue to get stuck in the gap between the central porcelain of the plug and the outer threaded, erm, 'outer'.
Whatever, it wouldn`t hurt to have a look at the plugs and make sure they are clean and happy.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 155