heater fan still not working - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
heater fan still not working

Hi Guy's
and thanks for the help JB,
Following on from my previous post , I took out the fan and wired it up direct from the battery it started and ran but only for "seconds" then nothing. Checked the supply to the fan under glove box 12.80 volts this amount varies when I adjust the fan speed switch.Obtained a fan from a scrappy today off a Fiat brava ,looked like new!I did not wire it up to an un resistored feed, as I didn't want to burn it out like the first one (seemed like I had anyway ) so I plugged it in and tried the heater etc NOTHING just a continuous motor noise =didn't even work on full fan setting.
Please help as I need the car for work and need several window cleaners "in car" with me to keep windows clear.
P.s tried to get the self test page but a section fails to come up
Sponsored Links
sorry mate missed this post.

ok so you have 12v how about the earth wire.?
connect it all up as normal then if you can wire in another earth wire and connect it up to the battery. try using a scotch lock then you wont have to cut the wire.?

if you have 12v, a good earth, and a motor that works then it WILL work...it cant not work.!!!...maybe you should test that motor if the ideas ive given dont work.
Do you still have 12 ish volts under load if not whatever is supplying the voltage may be the problem, I had this on an old vauxhall turned out that under load half the power was dissapearing to earth ie chassis, some black tape solved the prob, just an idea!!!
Hi Guy's
Thanks for all the help, but I had to get the car sorted as I need It to be o.k so have taken it to a very good tuner/mechanic local to me.
Will post the problem when I know.
Mcenroe eek!

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 155

fan , heater , working