Power Chips - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Power Chips

I have heard plenty in this forum about Squadra and Super chips but has anyone tried the Powerchips form Collins Performance Engineering?

I have also heard someone mention thatyou can get the origanal chips re-mapped, will this produce the same benifits as replacing the chip and will it cost more or less?

Cheers Stefan.
Sponsored Links

I haven't seen much of the Collins chip... i have heard it mentioned before tho... i don't know much about the specs of it.

Autodelta do a re-map of the origional chip, But these are only for the 156's and 147's. The 155's they only offer replacement chips... the thing is though... i think these are just origional chips that have alreday been re-mapped... just swap it over... and it's looks like standard. (i had seen that somehwere on one of the previous discussions) But, it only adds about 7/8bhp (using a 2.0 16v TS) compared to the squadra which adds 13bhp... not much difference i know... but when the Squadra chip is 145... that's a fair chunk cheaper than the auto delta chip! (235 - for the 16v cars - 199 for the 8v & V6 - 464 for the Q4)

Camparing these two main chips... i went for the Squadra... they were a cheaper and had better power gains... Apart from the extra few BHP the squadra adds a bag load more of torque too (20Nm) and generally makes the car more responsive and more fun to drive.

Both of these people also were a DIY job... the same risks were involved.

Dunno if this helps your decision at all.

AO Member
The rolling road the other weekend showed differences in characteristics between Rich Shaws Squadra and my Superchip. Both cars had K&N's but the power figures were different. Mine had a bit more BHP, but Richs had torque lower down, but less than mine (if I remember!!!)
We will hopefully get the graphs up on the web soon for comparison. Mine is also a Gamma 96 model.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 155

chips , power