Bilstein B4-Gas Dampers - experience, anyone? - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Bilstein B4-Gas Dampers - experience, anyone?

Just wondered if anyone has had Bilstein B4-Gas range dampers (part no.s BNE-1982 fronts and VNE-4546 rears) fitted to their 2.0L 155s. I'm looking at purchasing these but I don't know/cannot find much on them regarding specs/info. Bilstein's web-site is in German and my conversational level of the local lingo really lets me down . I'm interested to know if anyone has tried these on their own (i.e. no lowering / standard springs) and what they think of them. Are they a lot harsher than the standard ones or are they simply a much better quality damper but with near to factory settings?

I'm asking this since I intend to fit a set of Eibach -35mm springs all round along with their uprated anti-roll bars; I believe that this kit was designed around the standard dampers... problem is, I reckon my dampers are getting a bit tired so I was looking at replacing them with something a little bit more upmarket than Boge.

Any thoughts?
Sponsored Links
AO Member
County: Etela-Suomen Laani

Member car:

156 JTS

I would rather go for B6 cause B4 is pretty much like a standard shock.
AO Platinum Member
Bogies are brilliant.

They're just not very sophisticated as OE fitment, but that's Alfa's fault, not Boges.

Bilstein B4 should have somewhat better damping than OE, so I think they'll do good, especially with lowered springs.

Ralf S.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 155

b4gas , bilstein , dampers , experience