wheels - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    

my 155 v6 has speedline alloys which are now looking tatty, i wondered if i can have them shotblasted and re coated as i would rather keep the original wheels than replace, any offers ?
Sponsored Links

Shouldn't be a problem.
Think from memory it costs about £35 - £40 per wheel for a good job.
Where in the UK are you? if you are in the Kent area you could try 'Spit and polish' based in Tonbridge. They're quite well known. http://www.spitandpolish.co.uk/
Make sure wherever you take them that they see a wheel first though. I had problems with my speedlines - earlier type with imitation split rim bolts - they said the problem was these bolts. They would have to be removed to allow the wheel to be cleaned properly apparently, i then found it impossible to get hold of those bolts seperately.
But mine were really bad, in fact they reckoned they would have had to remove so much material to get to the good stuff, that the wheel would have become dangerously weakoned!

Hope this helps,

I have refurbed a set of the fake split alloys and the'rivets'are indeed a pain. They are merely plastic studs sprayed silver and pressed into holes around the rim. They pull out with the aid of a mole wrench but you will find that half of them snap off leaving the hole with the broken end inside. It is possible to get some more from Mangoletsi but they work out at about £1 each, that's over £100 for the set of 4 wheels just for these studs!
In the end I bought some stainless steel allen-headed bolts of the same size with a thread that was just wide enough to bite the edges of the holes. after the wheels were blasted and sprayed I then araldited the bolts in place. They cost £10 from a local Engineering Shop. The wheels were then lacquered. Then 2 weeks later while driving to work I ran over someone's spare wheel which had fallen off in the middle of the dual carriageway and promptly wrecked 2 wheels and brand new tyres! Hope you have more luck than me.
Owlicus, which Speedlines are they? I have the graphite ones, they too need some work, I am thinking of having them painted black with plenty of lacquer to make them shine!!
AO Member
I have seen a set of 16" Alfa Speedlines mirror polished on a Tipo and they looked superb. Lots of lacquer required though.
Paul Beck
I had all of mine refurbished for £180
and they look great
No problem in getting them done
I used spit n polish in the south east

pity I've scuffed my nearside front again though!

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 155