parking brake light - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
CMB Racer
parking brake light

It seems the grimlings has gotton my car

No biggy just a little odd.

When I accelerate the light comes on around 3000 rpm, but only in 2nd and 3th gears

Off cause my first thought was a draging parking brake. I have been oiling and tearing the cables. To no use

Moreover I have tryed pulling the brake when the light comes on, this changes nothing.

Any ideas?

Regards CMBracer
Sponsored Links
The fluid level may be low and when you accelerate, the fluid moves and the sender thinks the resovoir is empty. This happened to someone else on here recently. The fluid level goes down as the brake pads wear out, so it doesn't necessarily mean you have a leak.

Yup, probably down to low brake fuid level in the reservioir.

Check your pads while you're there. Be careful if you decide to refill the reservoir.............when you come to change the pads in a few weeks you'll get fluid eveywhere if you're not careful!

hi, my first post on this site, normally an alfaowner guy, but wrinx mentioned a post on this forum about injection lights, and here i am. so while i am here, my handbrake light has come on whilst going round bends, only twice, but its a little disconcerting. is it a fluid level thing, only whee turning right. i would assume that the sender is on the left hand side of the pot? i will check the fluid level, but it seemed okay last week, and the pads arent that old.
Hello Beany Does this mean I get a "recommendation discount" from AO

Its usually the fluid level sender but I would expect it to come on more than this once it starts. Might be worth checking the brakes and the low pad sender wire/handbrake.

Same warning light came on in my 155 when l took it for a test drive before l bought it.The seller topped up the brake fluid reservoir and the light went out.

However,needed new brakes all round about 4k miles after buying it!

Ian H
AO Silver Member
County: Tyne and Wear

Member car:

a very dirty car

Yeah, funny that Ian. I needed new brakes all round a few K after buying too. Hmmm...

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 155

brake , light , parking

« Backfire | Wheels.. »