Windscreen Wipers - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Nick Mid
Windscreen Wipers

just bought a 155 V6 and the windscreen wipers are driving me mad....if you have them on constant they are fine.....if you have them on intermittent the wiper blades jerkily move back to their original position.
is this a common problem ?
Sponsored Links
Hi Nick

This is a VERY common problem. There are a couple of fixes you can try.

1. Replace the wipers with the AO shop conversion arms
2. Clean the motor. Try the search function (to save me typing it all out) for full intruction on this.

Hi Nick,
This is indeed a very common problem, if you get the whole wiper system changed the problem will return within 30000 or so.
I have learnt to live with them and they do improve after being used constantly on full wipe, but it does take about an hour.
You can get bosch wiper arms and blades which are much better than the standard fitment ones which wear out and fall of the car when you need them most. Also the bosch ones don't hit the bonnet.
Try Alfa Aid who are resonable close to you on 01628 788887
AO Member
Rain X is a great help on your windscreen for ensuring that they move smoothly
Mark T
Hi Nick,
Had the same prob with the wipers on omy V6, so removed the motor and mechanism, cleaned the electrical connections with degreaser, and then refitted the mechanism using the wiper conversion from the AO shop (highly reccommended!)
Must say they're 100 times better than before, and don't knock hell out the bonnet. The jerky action only lasts for about 1-2mins on intermittent now (when it does actually happen)

AO Member

Member car:

GTV 2.0

Mostly I can stop the jerking by putting them in highest position for about 30 secs, still I think I'm going to clean it before winter
AO Member
County: Berkshire

Member car:

Alfa 156 v6

I fitted the conversion kit to my 155 and improved the wiper operation immediately so I was pleased. The main thing I noticed after fitting the new arms/wipers was that the wiper motor was now having an easier time due to the new arms being lighter than the old shovels.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 155

windscreen , wipers