Alarm problem - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Alarm problem

Hi all,

Problem with my alarm i hope someone can give me some help with.
I first noticed something was wrong when it took a few more presses on the fob than normal to arm it, it gradually got worse to the point that i can't arm it at all now. The batteries in the key fob seem ok, as i have the flashing led thingy. I've tried the spare remote too (which i'm pretty sure is ok) Central locking doesn't work from the fob either of course.
All this without warning. And to think i thought i was lucky to have a well electrically behaved Alfa, until now.
Anyone have a similar problem? and wheres the control unit located anyway?

Sponsored Links
AO Silver Member

Member car:

155 Q4

in the twinnies it can be in the rear interior light in the roof linning or i think some had them in front int light you can re program keys if you have codes for them .the main control is under nearside wheel arch ive moved mine as they are prone to water penatration.the reciever is the one in the roof wink
Dom Nicosia
Hi I had a similar probel with my fob,
I found it to be the infra red LED, it had come unsoldered and thus wasnt making proper contact 100% of the time. Which is why it takes quitea few attempts to arm the alarm.

Hope this helps you in some way, although you did mention you have tried both fobs.

The range on these seems to be quite poor too.

AO Member

Member car:

155 TS 2.0 16 V.

Hi Alex, i think it might be worth checking the receiver in the back roof, i had have headaches twice with the receiving connectors on the roof.
it is the first step if you are sure that the key batteries are ok.

Jorge wink
AO Silver Member

Member car:

166 3.0 Sporto

Me too with the receiver problems. Mine was totally deaf when I got the car. Swapped batteries etc but in the end, it was because the IR receiver LEDs had fallen off. They are mounted on a small PCB and the plug & socket holding it to the main PCB had just come undone. Plugged it back and since then it's been generally OK. Sometimes goes a bit hard of hearing though.....

One other related problem I have is that the lock for the rear OS door has stopped working. This stops the alarm from activating/deactivating properly so I disabled it for now until I can be bothered to fix it.
Many thanks for the suggestions guys.

Not getting much time to spend on my baby at the moment , but i'll get round to working with a possible solution over the next couple of days. Haven't really spent much time going over this forum either for ages, think i will from now on, the community's great.
AO Silver Member

Member car:

156 2.0 Veloce

Were some of the remotes IR then? Mine's RF...

As for batteries in the fob, I'm sure that in my owners manual it says that a flashing LED indicates low batteries, suggesting that a healthy set of batteries gives a constand LED.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 155

alarm , problem