wisbones etc - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
wisbones etc

guys, I finally got my new wishbones & top mount rubbers the other day from AO.com (cheers Ian) before I get my spanners out, anything I need to watch out for when changing them? I'm getting hold of a set of spring compressors - needed to dismantle the strut unit, but anything else? like getting the ball joint on the wishbone apart?

Sponsored Links
AO Silver Member
County: Tyne and Wear

Member car:

a very dirty car

Erm, well a ball joint splitter may be handy.
You can use a chisel and various other houshold items to do it but a splitter is soooo easy to use its worth the cost (10 I reckon).
Mike Scarf

I had a great deal of trouble removing the nut from the top of the strut. Wrinx and henry's solution worked though, which was to use an impact wrench. Just use it to slacken the nut a turn before you start to remove the strut.
I borrowed one from work, but I guess you can hire one for not too much. It should be possible to manage without one , but I found the allen key socket in the top of the strut rod rounded off before the nut let go on my first attempt at taking a sturt apart. frown

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 155