'94 2.0 8v - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
'94 2.0 8v

I'm considering parting company with my 2.0 8v, it has that infuriating problem of coughing, spluttering, hesitating and dying revs as and when it feels like it with absolutely no warning, mainly after slowing down at junctions and in traffic. A new lambda sensor has been fitted and hasn't changed a thing. What I can't decide is what price I should ask, It's got 167k, Mot 'til May 03. It would benefit from a new n/s/f door after some kind motorist decided to use it as a extended rub strip and scraped down it, it closes ok and the window still works ok. Sounds like a lot of problems but that is all that is wrong with it. I have fitted a new n/sf wishbone, 4 new avons and o/s h/light. If anyone has any suggestions i would be grateful or if anyone is interested feel free to email. Thanks. frown
Sponsored Links
Hi Chris,

Has the battery\earths been checked? My 1.8 had a wierd dying hesitation problem which ended up being something similar. it's worth a quick check before you part company

I've cleaned and regapped the plugs to 0.7mm, they were 1.0mm, and she is running like a dream now. When I accelerate it 'accelerates' instead of trying to put me through the screen. Thanks for your help. I may even keep it if stays ok.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 155