jacking - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    

where do all you spanner wielders jack car up at front? I want to use axle stands on points under sills and want to jack car up with trolley jack.
urgent advice required please.
also several places on my floorpan have gone quite rusty - I'm surprised as my 12 year old Tipo was still excellent in this respect. are others like this?
Sponsored Links
Hi Mal

The 155's are a pain to jack up!! My old twinny was damaged by a tyre fitter who messed it up and dinted all the passenger footwell!

There are three possibilities.

1. You should have a protruding jacking point behind the front wheel about 150mm in from the edge of the car. This is for trolley jacks but is not the strongest point, I've managed to bend it before.

2. The small arrow on the side skirt points to a place on the sill where you can use the jack supplied with the car. Obviously use axle stands too!!!

3. Also heard of people using the bottom suspension arms to jack the car, never done it myself though.

yeh jacking points arnt that good and have been know to cavein under the weight any where under the subframe (behind the engine) is fine if your jack will reach other wise its just as easy to jack under the wishbone dont worry it wont bend or break after all it holds the whole weight of the car any way.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 155