Fitting a CD Player - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Fitting a CD Player

I want to change my radio/cassette player for a CD player.
Before i disconnect the battery is it a good idea to turn the alarm off via the switch in the glovebox? The car is a '97 1.8 16v.

Any other tips would be very welcome!

Many thanks
Ian H.
Sponsored Links
its a good idea but not essential more important when you reconnect the battery make sure you have a door open if you have central locking ive had loads of cars lock themselves when you flash the battery terminal.!!
Hi Ian H
If your car has ISO connectors you just unplug the old one,remove the cage and fit the new one by plugging into the ISO.My 155 is a 92 and has ISO connectors.I fitted my cd player in 10 mins.I am assuming it,s a single cd player
AO Silver Member

Member car:

155 Q4

Hi there ive fitted boot changer under drivers seat 2 amps in boot and never dissconected battery as all of the devices are fused anyway as you never quite know how the cars going to act as the numbers i was given for alarm dont work. frown
The power on mine is connected to the ignition so its not live until the key is turned. No need to disconnect the battery

Some users here have had problems after disconnecting the battery, with the alarm and the system forgetting the keycode. The ECU resets after about 15mins (perhaps less????).

AO Member
Personally I have never disconnected the battery. Don't mess with Alfa's electrics if you can help it!! Just unplug the ISO connecter and away you go.
Thanks for your replies.

CD player now fitted and it was like a few of you said,unplug the ISO connectors and remove cage and refit the new one.

Don't know what l was worried about!!

Ian H

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 155

fitting , player